Beat the odds, Bet on Love with eHarmony
Launched: July 2008
|On this page:||Pros and Cons||Test||Member Structure||Matching Procedures|
|Technical Aspects||Costs and Fees||Contact||Alternatives|
Pros and Cons
- Online dating agency from the United States now growing quite fast in the UK with 2,000,000 members.
- A scientifically-designed Compatibility Matching System has been specially tweaked for the UK population.
- Great for those who are looking for a serious relationship: “eHarmony: a relationship site, not a dating site”.
- There is a rather long questionnaire singles must fill out before receiving the results of their Compatibility Matching test.
- You can’t create an account if there are no fitting matches in your area.
- Taking the test and receiving an analysis of your personality is free. You can also view your partner suggestions, however unlimited communication requires that you pay a subscription.
48 : 52
This is eHarmony.co.uk:
Login to eHarmony: What can I expect?
You don’t just simply login to eHarmony, unlike a lot of other online dating agencies and sites. The process starts off with you taking the eHarmony Compatibility Matching System test. The test itself is rather long, with questions pertaining to various aspects of your personality, which is then used to match you with appropriate potential partners, chosen from its pool of over 2,000,000 UK members. You won’t be able to search for matches or users on eHarmony: rather, you only see the matches you are given.
There are also different types of communication on eHarmony, including their Guided Communication. This helps users with their communication style and can end up being quite helpful if you’re totally unsure of how to begin a message to one of your matches.
Members on eHarmony UK
For singles living in the UK, eHarmony is becoming a popular choice due to the fitting types of members that are joining this online dating provider. The goal of most users is to find a serious, long-term relationship that can eventually lead to marriage (if they’re the marrying type!). So to put it bluntly, this is not a site for people are who are looking to date casually. The average age of both male and female members is 25-34 years.
Costs: What are eHarmony.com prices?
eHarmony.com actually offers a number of its features for free. For example, when you sign up you can take the Compatibility Matching Test. Afterwards, you will be given your partner suggestions and can look at their profile. From time to time (generally on certain weekends), you can even enjoy limited communication with your matches. Fees incur if you become a premium user, however this means unlimited communication with all your matches. There are different types of subscription.
eHarmony.co.uk is trying to copy the success rate from eHarmony in USA, where it is responsible for nearly 5% of all new U.S. marriages.
eHarmony.co.uk: composition of members
- Number of registered members at eHarmony.co.uk:
Around 2,000,000 UK members
- Over 33 million worldwide
- Gender ratio (m/f):
- 48 : 52
- Age distribution:
Average age of users:
- Women : 25-34 years old
- Men : 25-34 years old
Matching procedure of eHarmony.co.uk:
- Steps to success:
- Complete a relationship questionnaire to receive your free personality profile.
- Partner matches and suggestions.
- Choose a payment plan to communicate.
- … Start dating!
- Quantity of proposed partners:
- The number of matches (which is usually a lot) you get depends on where you live.
- Even with the free option, you can see a lot of information about your matches for free.
- Quality of the matching algorithm:
- The eHarmony Compatibility Matching algorithm is based on 29 key dimensions of relationships. It digs deep in order to find out what makes you tick. While it may bring you partner suggestions, it can also be an interesting test to find out more about your personality.
- Given contact guarantee:
- EHarmony does not guarantee that the people they match to you will suit your personality, tastes and preferences.
- Quality of user profiles:
- You can actually see quite a lot of information on your proposed matches’ profiles. This is enough to give you an idea of what that person is like, and whether you would be interested in meeting up with them.
Technical aspects of eHarmony.co.uk
- Special features:
- Secure call option (while maintaining your privacy) with your matches.
- You can connect with eHarmony’s Facebook page.
- Choose 5 questions and send them to your match in order to know him/her better.
- Outstanding Mobile App.
- Handling and design:
- The design is modern, clear and well-structured.
eHarmony.co.uk cost and fees
- Free services:
- Review profiles
- Send Icebreakers
- Free Mobile App download
- Get your personality profile
- Premium services
With the Basic Plan, you can enjoy unlimited communication.
- 24 Months = £7.95/month
- 12 Months = £9.95/month
- 6 Months = £18.95/month
- 3 Months = £21.95/month
- 1 Month = £44.95
Features also include viewing match photos, send/receive mails and communication requests. You can also call matches without revealing your number.
Total Connect Membership Prices
- 24 months = £7.95/month
- 12 Months = £12.95/month (**Save 47%)
- 6 Months = £19.95/month (**Save 26%)
- 3 Months = £22.95/month
- 1 Month = £44.95
- Get a deeper analysis of your personality test
- Request photos from your matches
- See who has viewed your profile
- Send and receive Guided Communication Requests
- Send and receive eHarmony Mail Requests
- Exchange Must Haves/Can't Stands
- Payment options:
- Debit or credit cards
If you don't want your premium membership to be automatically extended at the end of the period you purchased, you must disable this function under "My settings" - "Account settings"
eHarmony.co.uk - about the company
- eHarmony UK
P.O. Box 5904
London WC1N 3XX
You can find different ways to contact eHarmony here:
- Cool TV commercials of eHarmony.co.uk: