Launched: 2001 in UK
|On this page:||Pros and Cons||Test||Member Structure||Matching Procedures|
|Technical Aspects||Costs and Fees||Contact||Alternatives|
Pros and Cons
- One of the oldest dating sites in the world.
- Also suitable for international contacts.
- Organises all kinds of fun events for singles.
- To increase the possibility of being found can additionally purchase a "booster."
- Most functions are only available for Premium users.
- The price is decent and not too pricey for the comprehensive offer.
56 : 44
This is Match.com:
Match.com Experience: How it works
Match.com operates like almost any other online dating portal, but it does have the advantage of being one of the most experienced and well-known on the market. The company was founded in 1995 in the USA and therefore has a lot of experience in the online dating world. Globally, the company has over 60 million members… enough to provide a colorful mix of people and a potential match for everyone! Most of our experiences with Match.com have been positive, as there is really something for everyone on this site.
What kind of people use Match.com?
This is a dating platform that is designed for all singles, whether you want to find someone locally, nationally or internationally. For example, you could live in Manchester but be moving to Berlin. If you want to make contact with someone before you arrive, just search for people in Berlin. We found so many different types of users in our test. In addition, we found that most members are aged between 20 and 30.
What is free on Match.com?
Registration is completely free. Plus you get a free questionnaire to fill out during registration – so that match suggestions are made a bit easier. The form is not supposed to be a basis for contact proposals but rather to make filling in your profile much easier. You can also look at other profiles for free. If you want to initiate contact though, you'll have to pay.
Match.com is the most famous dating site worldwide. After its inauguration in the UK in 2001 Match.com UK quickly became the Britsh number one dating site.
Match.com: composition of members
- Number of registered members at Match.com:
- 4,500,000 UK members
- 60 million worldwide
- Gender ratio (m/f):
- 56 : 44
- Age distribution:
- Average age of users:
- Men: 25-30 years
- Women: 25-30 years
Matching procedure of Match.com:
- Quality of user profiles:
- Possibility to add up to 26 personal photos
- Detailed forms with a large number of standard questions about you and your dream partner
- A variety of questions to write your own text answers to (who I am, who I want, my background, my appearance, etc.)
Technical aspects of Match.com
- Special features:
Boost your visibility
- Improve your chances of being found for an extra fee.
- Match.com now runs a number of singles events in 21 cities across the country.
- If you wish (and are selected) Match may use your profile in their advertisement.
- Don’t forget about the Match.com Dating 101 section where you will find not only advice, but blogs, videos and more.
- Match at Mobile Match scan your photos for you if you send them by mail
- Based on your search criteria, you will receive 6 matches or partner suggestions every day. You can also rate them with yes, no or maybe.
- Handling and design:
- Professional and simple design, yet personal
- The website is clearly arranged and easy to use
- Pages load quickly, technically flawless
- Possibility to see who's online
- Daily profile matches
- You can send a "wink" to each other
- You can see who has visited your profile
- Search filters:
- Possibility to see which members are online
- Reciprocal Matching
- You can save your search profile
Match.com cost and fees
- Free services:
- You can post a profile with photo
- You can browse through members’ personals
- You can make a free personality test and add the results to your profile
- Premium services
For unlimited communication with your matches, there are several prices options.
- 6 months = £9.99/month
- 3 months = £19.99/month
- 1 month = £29.99
- Payment options:
- Credit and debit card
Your contract is automatically renewed, if you haven’t cancelled.
Match.com - about the company
- The Communications Building
48 Leicester Square
London WC2H 7LT
- Under the contact page, you can send a message to MatchAffinity.
- Cool TV commercials of Match.com: