Matching personalities. Meeting expectations.
Launched: February 2001
|On this page:||Pros and Cons||Test||Member Structure||Matching Procedures|
|Technical Aspects||Costs and Fees||Contact||Alternatives|
Pros and Cons
- One of the biggest online dating agencies in Europe with over 125,000 UK members.
- Detailed, comprehensive personality test comprised of 80 in-depth questions.
- Excellent service.
- You cannot sign up via the Parship app – in order to login you need to use either the desktop or the mobile site!
- Mostly free – except for when you want to initiate contact with another member by sending a message. In this sense, only paying members can communicate and are therefore a lot more serious about finding a partner.
47 : 53
This is Parship.co.uk:
Parship: How it works
The principles of Parship are based on a scientific personality test which is designed to determine people’s compatibility with others as romantic partners. It is done to discover what balance of similarities and contrasts your personality has. The most fitting then will be marked out as potential romantic partners or "contact proposals" - taken from the 11,000,000 members.
Most singles know that they end up dating or getting into a relationship with a specific “type” of person… These patterns are often what end up causing such relationships to end, mainly because few people deviate from what they know. What’s nice about Parship is that a lot of the partner suggestions you receive tend to be different from your normal “type” but who could theoretically be very fitting to your personality!
So how do you sign up to Parship?
It’s actually quite easy! Once you’ve put in your email address and your password, simply begin answering the questions on the personality test. There are 80 of them, all of which are aimed at determining your character and creating a detailed analysis of your whole person as a romantic partner. The test itself isn’t very long (most people are finished in just over 10 minutes).
Once done, you get into the internal member area where your contact proposals/partner suggestions are shown. What’s more, you will receive new suggestions on a regular basis.
Who uses Parship.co.uk?
The main target group of Parship.co.uk are singles who are somewhat settled and secure in their lives and on the lookout for a serious partner. Singles on Parship are not looking for a bit of flirting or casual dating… they are looking for someone to share their lives with and therefore are trying to find someone who is like-minded. Most of the members here are over 25 years old and therefore settling into their careers and know what they are looking for in life.
Can I try Parship for free?
Members can sign up to Parship for free – and even take the personality test (with appropriate results) and look at their partner suggestions. Downloading the app for Android and iOS is also free. The only time you have to pay is when you want to send messages to other members! When you subscribe, you pay a different price depending on the length of the subscription.
Although Parship in the UK is still relatively small, it provides high quality profiles for serious relationships. In Europe it's a great success!
Parship.co.uk: composition of members
- Number of registered members at Parship.co.uk:
125,000 UK members
- 23,000 new members every week.
- Around 11 million members in Europe.
- Gender ratio (m/f):
- 47 : 53
- Age distribution:
Average age of members:
- Women : 34.0 years old
- Men : 33.7 years old
Matching procedure of Parship.co.uk:
- Steps to success:
- Create a profile and take the personality test
- You get a summary of the test with 24 traits of your character.
- In the members area you get suggested partners who match your profile.
- To contact other members, you must be a Premium member.
- Then you can also buy your PARSHIP detailed personality test.
- Quantity of proposed partners:
- In theory, you can receive up to more than 1,000 compatible contact proposals.
- More suggestions can appear if you alter your ‘must have’ criteria.
- Contacting your matches is done when both parties agree to speak to one another.
- Quality of the matching algorithm:
What Does the Matching?
A computer algorithm that was developed in collaboration with Professor Schmale of Hamburg University and collected 30 pairs of psychologically relevant aspects of personality .
The algorithm notices more accurately whether a member is recently active or not. Contact your proposals no longer contain only "the most appropriate members". Experience has told us that many of these could not reply due to not being premium members. Rather: The contact suggestions you get displayed are tested in addition to when the last time they were active (usually the premium members).
The likelihood that you will write to a member who can't reply is much lower than eHarmony!
- Given contact guarantee:
- Depending on subscription type, PARSHIP guarantees a certain number of contact proposals. Those who have not received their promised amount of proposals will get a free extension of membership.
- "Contact" means someone who can mail you back.
- You have to put some effort in yourself! Fill out your profile, make sure to upload photos, etc...
- Quality of user profiles:
Technical aspects of Parship.co.uk
- Special features:
- Online you get an exact evaluation of your test.
- Premium Members get a 40-page PDF with the entire few psychological evaluation - you therefore learn something about yourself!
- Optional: The bound book has additional chapters and evaluations, for example, "Your communication style" and "16 little advice for your happiness".
- About 6 million of the 11 million PARSHIP members are from other countries.
You can set your search settings so that you get also interested Europeans as a partner proposals.
- First major dating with this possibility.
- The psychological test is now available on mobile.
- Confirm your identity with Parship: more messages are guaranteed!
- To do this simply confirm a security code via mobile phone.
- Handling and design:
PC and Notebook:
- PARSHIP is by far the most elaborate partner agency. Every 6-12 months they add new innovative features.
- The appearance and ease matches the high standards of the provider.
- Safety concerns are satisfied.
Smartphone and Tablet:
- We recommend that the personality test is best done on your desktop PC.
- Afterwards, the mobile app and tablet version of Parship is great for when you're on the road.
Parship.co.uk cost and fees
- Free services:
- Create the online profile and access a summary of the personality test
- Get partner proposals - However, you cannot make direct contact with them.
- Use the mobile and app version of Parship.
- Short online test scores regarding your personality.
- See member profiles.
- Answer messages from Premium Members!
- Refuse when you're not interested in a contact proposal.
- Premium services
For unlimited communication and the ability to view photos:
- 12 months = £14.90/month
- 6 months = £19.90/month
- 3 months = £29.90
You can choose either Premium Lite, Classic or Comfort.
This allows you to view photos and even enjoy a Contact Guarantee from Parship.
As a premium member you can also:
- View your visitor list.
- Search your local area.
- Regularly updated partner suggestions.
- Send, receive and read messages.
- Receive your Personality Report in book form.
- Photo exchange with your contact proposals.
- Payment options:
Credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express, Diners)
Subscriptions are automatically extended. Make sure to manually cancel your account.
Parship.co.uk - about the company
- PARSHIP GmbH
General enquiries: email@example.com
- Cool TV commercials of Parship.co.uk: