EHarmony: Data from Users Reveals "Biggest Relationship Mistakes"
Data regarding user behaviour on matchmaking site eHarmony reveals interesting facts!
Data about the behaviour of singles on matchmaking site eHarmony show some interesting facts! The matchmaking platform (which also calls itself a "relationship site") announces what the most common "relatonship mistakes" or deal breakers in dating are. One of the most top-ranking ones, it appears, is being rude!
Being rude, according to 77% of men and 78% of women, was enough to bring a relationship to an end. Lying was also high on the lies -62% of women and 61% of men. This is naturally understandable but, interestingly "hanging out with an ex" was considered an even greater sin. 71% of men and 73% of women announced that they wouldn't be able to tolerate it.
While we weren’t surprised to see that rudeness was an important factor for both men and women, we were interested in the fact that it beat out lying and hanging out with an ex as a Dealbreaker!
-Jeannie Assimos, Editor in Chief of eHarmony
Chief Editor of eHarmony, Jeannie Assimos, announced that data sets are examined regularly to help build an understanding of what drives relationship in general: whether successful or unsuccessful. It helped to improve the service's algorithms overall. Se said, "We are the first and only online dating platform to use research-based factors that predict success in a relationship to match our users."
Even More Deal Breakers to Think About!
There were a lot of other factors also examined by the data. Some of these included being a "cheapskate", still living at home with one's parents, drinking, smoking, cursing etc. All of which naturally had an impact on a personal relationship.
- Men weren't fans of women who swore a lot. 77% of men stated that it would not only be a turn off, but would cause them to end the relationship entirely. 1 out of 4 women would also find it a turn off.
- Physical fitness and/or being in shape: both genders had a favourable view of someone looking physically fit or having a great body. This wasn't considered a must-have, however: 21% of women said it was necessary, as did 29% of men.
- Cheapskates! Half of the men surveyed were totally fine with someone who was a bit cheap. The same couldn't be said for women. In fact, 3 out of 4 saw it as a complete turn off.
So there it is... Its certainly a good idea to look at one's own habits and ways of going about things before deciding to send that first message. It could be difference between a single date or a lifetime of happiness!
Source: Business Wire
Similar online dating news:
- 06.03.2018 - Britain’s biggest relationship deal breakers
- 28.02.2018 - Press Release: Toxic Online Dating Trends 2018
- 27.02.2018 - Tinder Survey on interracial Dating – unexpected results
- 27.01.2018 - University study proves: young singles have less sex
- 17.01.2018 - „LegalFling“ - App creates consent based contracts for sex
Reviews of the Best Dating Sites in the UK
|Flirt & Chat Sites||Dating Agencies||Sex Contact Sites|