Online Dating Association
Did you know that there is a professional trade organisation in the UK for online dating?
According to its website the Online Dating Association (“ODA”) was set up in 2013 to ensure high standards of behavior by dating service providers serving UK users. In interview with the CEO of ODA, George Kidd, the organisation works “to set and maintain standards to protect users and to create a climate which businesses can invest and innovate.” The ODA informs and influences Government, regulators, the media and businesses about online dating.
What makes this organisation interesting, is that they are getting input from all kinds of dating sites including big players like eHarmonyand Match, as well as niches sites like Muddy Matches, Lovestruck, Christian Connection and Would like to Meet.
To further bolster their objective of protecting users, they have set up a code of conduct, which is binding for all members of the ogranisation. The code is based on these key headings:
- General Rules
- Honest and clear communications
- Protection of the user
- Delivering to meet user needs
- Protecting data and privacy
Overall, having such a professional trade organisation is very beneficial to users of online dating sites.
Similar online dating news:
- 06.03.2018 - Britain’s biggest relationship deal breakers
- 28.02.2018 - Press Release: Toxic Online Dating Trends 2018
- 27.02.2018 - Tinder Survey on interracial Dating – unexpected results
- 27.01.2018 - University study proves: young singles have less sex
- 17.01.2018 - „LegalFling“ - App creates consent based contracts for sex
Reviews of the Best Dating Sites in the UK
|Flirt & Chat Sites||Dating Agencies||Sex Contact Sites|